Kollam – A Paradise with a plethora of Govt. Job Opportunities
Kollam is one of the cities (district) in Kerala. This city lies on the banks of Ashtamudi Lake on the Arabian Sea. Kollam is very prominent in trading and carrying on commercial activity. This city or district is famous for manufacturing coir and processing the cashew nut. It is considered as the one of the hottest place in Kerala for tourists as it is the gateway of backwaters in the southern part. The very ethical part is that the Malayalam calendar called as kollavarsham originated in Kollam and that too during the meetings held in that city itself in 825CE.
The word Kollam is derived from the Sanskrit, which means pepper. It is a gifted city comprising of lakes, sea, plains, rivers, mountains, backwaters, forest, and green fields totally summed and so the whole of Kerala is called God’s own country. It is much near to the backwaters city Alleppy. Kollam is actually pronounced as koy-lon. This city is known for its own tradition and culture. It’s a great centre of learning. The major fresh water lake ‘The Sasthamcotta lake is in this city. The city has a very humid climate.
Kollam is renowned for its historic antiquity of the ancient world. It was one of the headquarters for revenue divisions during the Travancore administration. It is also known for its greenery and pleasant atmosphere. Malayalam, Hindi and English are the official languages spoken in Kollam. It is also known for its greenery and pleasant atmosphere. More than 3.5 lakhs people reside in this city. Kollam has an average literacy rate around 91.47% which is higher than national average.
Agriculture is the primary occupation carried on in this city. Majority of the Kollam population carry on this activity. Kollam has made a remarkable achievement animal husbandry as it ranks No.1 in livestock wealth in Kerala. Fishing has plays an important role for the economy of the district. It is rich in mineral resources, which offer bigger scope for the industrial purpose. There are totally 15-17 large scale industries in the city along with 1 medium scale industry where two of them are owned by central government.
View larger map
Below is the list of Government job openings in Kollam: -
- 1.Hindustan organic Chemicals looking for Hindi Assistants – The person who is looking out for a govt job in Kollam possessing just the basic eligibility criteria and also perfect knowledge in Hindi can apply for this job. Knowledge about the respective field will be an added advantage.
- 2.PSC Notification (Range Forest Officer) – Here, this forest range officer post involves some tedious work in terms of maintaining the regulation of the forest. He must be bold enough stay in the wide forest with limited number of facilities. Eligibility criterion depends on the post applied for.
- 3.Instrument Mechanic – The interested candidate applying for this job must be a graduate in the respective field with relevant experience to carry works relating to the instruments. This opportunity is available across Kerala.
- 4.Divisional accountant – The person who is very keen for applying jobs in accounts field please apply for his position as it is a wonderful opportunity to show case one’s professional skills.
- 5.Lab technician (Electrophysiology) – The candidate who is applying for this job must be holding graduation certificate in that respective field with some relevant experience. Experience will help him in carrying on his work little smoothly.
- 6.Assistant public prosecutor – The eligible candidate for this post must have done at least bachelor’s degree in Law. Along with an experience he/she can surely apply for this post, which has a huge scope.
- 7.Senior Engineer- The candidates applying for this post must be an engineer and experience I the relevant field is must and should. The salary packages are on satisfactory terms only giving much opportunity for career growth.
- 8.Ayurvedic Pharmacist – Here, the individual applying for these Job vacancies in Kollam must be a professional in ayurvedic pharmacy. In recent times, this kind of opportunities is regaining its importance because of its complete curing nature although slow in time.
- 9.Staff Nurse Grade II – The interested candidates applying for this post must have completed B.Sc in nursing and as it expects for grade II a kind of experience is need to handle patients and helping them out.
- 10.Statistical Investigator –Here, this is a very important and demandable post where the candidate should possess a master’s degree in Statistics field. He is expected to have a sound knowledge about the content and also about technology.
- 11.Medical officer – As the post name itself suggest that the candidate’s profile must impressive with all necessary criteria’s like medical degree and the experience level is compulsory. There is kind of satisfactory in this job by helping people from their pain.
- 12.Senior superintends – The candidate willing to join Police department, here is the biggest opportunity to get placed in Police Department and that too for a higher rank post. The person who is qualifying all the necessary conditions, please start applying.
- 13.College lecturer – The person having the passion for teaching along with a master’s degree in a particular subject can come forward and apply for this job position.
- 14.Administrative Executive Front office – The candidate applying for this Govt job position in kollam with all leadership qualities to lead as an eligible administrator towards any work can apply for this position.
- 15.Mechanical Engineer – The person applying for this post must have bachelor’s degree in engineering with mechanical field as their specialization. Freshers are also welcomed.
The recruitment procedures for all this government position in Kollam are one and the same. The interested candidates can start applying for their desired posts either through online application or can directly go and get the application forms from the government offices. After applying, a formal letter will be received from them regarding a call for the next step to assess the candidates and check as to who can fit into the job. There will be a common approach towards the candidates assessment like written test then followed by formal interviews. Once they are done with the necessary formalities of hiring, the recruitment results will be announced. In a personal round of interview the salary packages will be discussed.