Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) Recruitment
The Karnataka Public Service Commission was formed in the year 1951, to appoint employees in the government sectors for both technical and non technical categories. It is a government controlled organisation that functions according to a set of rules known as Civil Services Rule, which is revised occasionally based on the requirements needed. In order to attain jobs in KPSC, one has to register under KPSC jobs and can be selected by both competitive exams and interview or one of them alone as required by the board and post under which the candidate is willing to join.
KPSC jobs 2012
Job vacancies are listed for both technical and non technical categories.The interested candidates can apply for these jobs by downloading the application forms in the main site. The official site displays the nature of the jobs and eligibility criteria:
1. Specialist (General Medicine) – MBBS with PG / diploma in General Medicine from any University under Indian Medical Law M.D.
2. Specialist (General Surgery) – MBBS with PG from any University under Indian Medical Law M.S.
3. Specialist (General Medicine) – MBBS with PG from any University under Indian Medical Law M.D/ diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
4. Specialist (Anaesthetist) – MBBS with PG from any University under Indian Medical Law M.D/ diploma in Anaesthesia
5. Specialist (Paediatrician) – MBBS degree with PG/ diploma in General Medicine from any University under Indian Medical Law M.D(Paediatrics)/ diploma in Child Health (DCH)
6. Specialist (Ophthalmologist) – MBBS with PG from any University under Indian Medical Law M.S (Ophthalmology)/ diploma in Ophthalmic Medicine and Surgery (DOMS)
7. Specialist (Orthopaedic Surgeon) – MBBS degree with PG/ diploma in General Medicine from any University under Indian Medical Law M.S (Orthopaedic)/ diploma in Orthopaedics
8. Specialist (ENT) – MBBS degree with PG from any University under Indian Medical Law M.S (ENT)/ diploma in Laryngeal Otology(DLO)
9. Dermatologist – MBBS degree with PG from any University under Indian Medical Law M.S (Dermatology)/ diploma in Venereal diseases(DVD)
10. Asst. Director of Fisheries – B.F.Sc. or any equivalent degree awarded by University under Indian Agricultural Law
11. Asst. Grade II General – Graduation in any discipline
12. Asst. Legal – Degree in Law (Exp: 3-4 yrs)
13. Translators – Masters in Hindi or English
14. Library Information Asst. – Graduate in library science
15. Deputy Ranger – 12th standard (Exp: 2-4 yrs)
16. Stockman – Matriculation/Hr. Secondary (Exp: 2-3yrs)
17. Lower Division Clerk – 12th class
18. Accounts Officer – ACA/FCA or AICWA/FICWA or MBA (Exp: 1-5yrs)
19. AGM Senior Manager Production & Planning – Degree in Engineering (preferably Mech. or Automobile)
KPSC recruitment Procedure
For attaining jobs in Karnataka PSC, one has to apply online for the required post which will be posted two months prior to the exam. The KPSC application forms are to be submitted before the deadline mentioned on the official website. An application fee has to be sent, which varies depending on the post applied and the candidates will not be sent separate exam tickets. They have to download it themselves from the webpage indicated in the KPSC application forms. After the written test, all the results will be published in the company’s website www.kpsc.kar.nic.in. The candidates are requested to maintain a keen watch over the site from time to time mostly during the moths of July/August.